- Ag Burn Hydrofiber Dressing
- Aquacel Adhesive
- Aquacel Ag Hydrofiber
- Aquacel Hydrofiber
- Aquacel Non-Adhesive
- Burn Hydrofiber Dressings
Aquacel AG hydrofiber dressings are a revolutionary development in wound care systems. They are the only antimicrobial wound care products to incorporate hydrofiber technology. The result is a dressing which promotes a moist healing environment while absorbing wound exudate and inhibiting the growth of harmful bacteria.
What Makes it so Effective? Convatec Dressings contain ionic silver. Silver has long been known to contain antimicrobial properties by naturally inhibiting the growth of microorganisms like bacteria. The presence of ionic silver in the dressing keeps harmful bacteria from penetrating and growing inside the wound area, resulting in faster healing and less risk of infection.
What is a "Moist Healing Environment?" All wounds heal better when they are kept moist. Ordinary wound bandages dry out the wound. This Wound care dressings promote a "moist healing environment" which is ideal for optimal wound healing. It helps to keep the wound area from drying out, resulting in a faster healing time.
Some other benefits of the line of wound care products include:
* Soft and conformable: The dressing conforms to the shape of the wound. This ensures that the entire wound area will be sufficiently protected and all wound exudate will get absobed properly.
* Releases ionic silver into the wound in an even and controlled manner.
* Can be worn for up to seven days at a time. Fewer dressing changes means that the wound stays undisturbed for a longer period, promoting more effective healing and reducing the risk of microbe invasion.
These products are indicated for moderate to highly exuding wounds.